• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody go to the MSNS today?

8 posts in this topic

Packed as usual. Hand to hand combat just to get to the tables as usual for the first 3 hours. The usual 180 dealers.

Not much in the way of toners. I left with squadouche. Still had a blast.

MJ

A fine show in my opinion, with a wonderful diversity, very crowded for about the first five hours on Friday, and then noticeably easing up. Nobody I met was grouchy, and almost all dealers were attentive. Some tables had rather sparse offerings, especially those who hadn't restocked after the previous week's Baltimore show, and there wasn't anything I needed to have, so I spent very little. There was no shortage of 25th Anniversary sets of 2011 silver eagles, raw, graded, and in sealed boxes, and at least the local market in Dearborn Michigan is temporarily saturated at the price levels now current on ebay. But ebay sales have been conspicuously inconsistent, with for example sealed boxes of five sets selling for from $3600 to 4150 during just the last 24 hours.

Packed as usual. Hand to hand combat just to get to the tables as usual for the first 3 hours. The usual 180 dealers.

Not much in the way of toners. I left with squadouche. Still had a blast.

MJ

You are the last person in the world id expect to hear that from. I saw three knockout toners. The best toner there was your favorite....... A MS68 old green NGC label 1937 Oregon. Monster rainbow on the obverse and than rainbow tab on the reverse. Only down fall was it would set you back $8500 lol

I saw two MS64 Morgans I wanted but at $3700 and $4250 they could keep them. I am quite worried that the show isnt going to last many more years. TOday it was a ghost town. No more than 50 people at one time. Many dealers were packed up and gone home by 2:30-3:00. A day and a half early. :(

I saw it. I passed on that Oregon in Baltimore so I didn't register it as a new coin in my mind. A different dealer offered it to me there. I did not love it. The obverse is too dark for my tastes. Morgans rarely catch my eye nor do I rarely look at them closely so I may have just missed those two. Regardless three toned coins in 180 tables isn't a lot in my opinion. Glad you could make it. MJ

I saw it. I passed on that Oregon in Baltimore so I didn't register it as a new coin in my mind. A different dealer offered it to me there. I did not love it. The obverse is too dark for my tastes. Morgans rarely catch my eye nor do I rarely look at them closely so I may have just missed those two. Regardless three toned coins in 180 tables isn't a lot in my opinion. Glad you could make it. MJ

I agree whole heartedly...... I was very bummed.Maybe we are just spoiled from the big shows? Who knows? lol