• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some Thanksgiving raw beauties (i think)

11 posts in this topic

So first of all Happy Thanksgiving. During thanksgiving I came upon some family coins, and I took pics of a few that I thought stood out to me. I wish I could get better images of the toning, but oh well, I only had my phone available. I'll post the rest later on, but heres a few:

bust half (very toned)

359l4l2.jpg

1548saq.jpg

24dgak3.jpg

sb817o.jpg

Peace

68blzp.jpg

ir3zgz.jpg

Dime

othez9.jpg

300tg60.jpg

8zp4xz.jpg

33ww8wn.jpg

Barb half (more toned than it appears.)

nly5xu.jpg

8xv79w.jpg

9tlir4.jpg

I have no clue how these pics will come out, the sizes might be messed up. ill try to fix when I can. Also i'll post some other coins as well, but these pics already were tough just to get on here lol. Let me know what you think!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Fun coins. A couple look to have been cleaned, which is probably no surprise.

Send me the 1827 CBH and I'll shoot some nice pictures for you.

Lance.

Fun coins. A couple look to have been cleaned, which is probably no surprise.

Send me the 1827 CBH and I'll shoot some nice pictures for you.

Lance.

yes I did think they were fun as well. I went through a lot of coins. This one I also saw, and actually traded for it. (he collects sets, i collect toners). So my UNC 91' (blast white) for this 86'. (he literally has hundreds if not thousands in containers, i'm pretty sure the toning is natural).

1621shj.jpg

k1b6te.jpg

oh , also, gave a UNC 04' for this crusty, greasy, rim toner. I liked the character better than white and clean. I dunno thats just how I felt about it.

35irddi.jpg

I don't collect or follow ASE's. For that matter, I don't have many coins minted in the last 50 years.

But the '86 looks very sweet. These coins tone handsomely.

Enjoy them!

Lance.

I only say this in an attempt to be helpful, but if you traded a blast white uncirculated silver eagle for either the 1986 or 1988, then I think you made a poor trade at least in terms of value. Both have negative eye appeal in my opinion, and I doubt if someone would pay you even the slightest premium over melt value (even though most are currently selling for moderate premiums).

I only say this in an attempt to be helpful, but if you traded a blast white uncirculated silver eagle for either the 1986 or 1988, then I think you made a poor trade at least in terms of value. Both have negative eye appeal in my opinion, and I doubt if someone would pay you even the slightest premium over melt value (even though most are currently selling for moderate premiums).
I'm not sure the coins are getting a fair shake with those pictures. They may very well be pretty.

As for value, it sounds like the OP made the trades based on his taste and preference. That's the perfect reason.

Lance.

some cool coins, the dime looks neat. if you're happy with the trade, so am I!

yes the dime is actually my favorite of the bunch, but unfortunately, wasn't for sale/trade. :(

my cousin owns it, its in some random nci or something like that slab (so i considered it raw). ms 62 it says. but who knows on the grading, i just liked the toning.