• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to go to School!! posted by TPETERS

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

HELP! Question about Lincoln Cent RPM's

Good Evening,

I am trying to learn. I have a few Lincoln Cents that are RPM's. I collect Lincolns (not to be confused with a true "collector") and am ashamed to say that I am completely unknowledgeable about these cents. I am asking fellow collectors to educate me a little.

I have been doing some digging in my raw collection and ran across several nice finds. One of which is a group of RPM's. I have the following coins: all 1960D, toned but still red with the following RPM #'s 5, 18, 26, 88, 97, 110. I looked on the bay to see if there were any listed for sale and there were 2 coins. They are not cheap! MS64 #7 118.00!

If you or you know someone who could help me out let them or me know. Trying to put together a nice shipment for NGC and want to see if it is worth sending these in. I will wait until the ASE rush is over.

On a side note I found a REALLY nice Morgan 1881S that looks stunning. This coin is going to be sent in!!!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving meal as well as quality fellow shipping!!

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Todd, I have a box full, while in ANACS holders from some time ago and in all various dates and grades. I was thinking that it was neat that there were so many RPMs to be had. I grabbed all I could find. As far as value, it is population that really matters. For the most part, if someone really wants one we will pay the price. If you are just interested in seeing what NGC has to say that would be fun, but probably expensive. If you go to a show or check out sellers of RPMs you will probably find them for the same price of slabbing them if not less.

Hope that helps, if they have started to go up in value, that would be great for me. I will keep an eye on your blog and see what others have to say.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Alan