• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Travel Security ?

3 posts in this topic

I saw this backpack today on one of those daily deal sites. I am sure some of you will think I am odd but the first thing I though was that this back pack would be good to use for transporting coins to or from coin shows. I know that some of you have so many coins you would need carts to push them in but don't we often times like to keep our best coins with us? Might also work for the collector going to shows..

http://1saleaday.com/family/

I much prefer to have my coins contained in a bag/carrying case/whatever, that I have in my hand, as opposed to hanging in a backpack behind my back. I believe that the latter makes your coins more susceptible to being stolen without your knowledge.

The idea of the backpack was not the way you carry it as you can carry the backpack in your hand. The reason for posting this was that it has very loud alarms and a strobe light on it to draw attention to yourself.

It you are however worried about someone unzipping a backpack while you are wearing it and you not knowing about it then you could always get a small pad lock and lock the zippers together so they would not be able to do that.