• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you do at the Baltimore show?

4 posts in this topic

Went to the Whitman Baltimore show this morning. I only live 25 miles away so I go to this show whenever it's in session.


Arrived in town about 10:15 and parked in the Hyatt Regency parking garage, only 1 block away from the convention center.


First table I went to was 900fine Coins. Ricky had some Buffalo Nickels set aside for me. However, he was away at the time. Talked to Robin though. In the past she was the one that wasn't there when I showed up. She picked up the phone and Ricky showed up soon after. Bought the 4 Buff's he had set aside for me; 1914-S NGC 62, 1926 ANACS 65, 1927 NGC 66 & 1935 NGC 66. The ANACS coin will be freed from imprisonment and added to my raw Buffalo collection. Before leaving, I bought 7 ancients from Robin. They are for my nieces & nephews for the upcoming holidays. Before leaving his table, sold him one of my proof Indian cents.


Then I was off to Numismatics Americana to see if they had a couple of beautiful Walkers that I had seen on their website. They had one that I wanted and another one that I didn't remember seeing on their website: 1942-D PCGS MS 66 & 1945-S PCGS MS 65. These are absolutely gorgeous. Christine was real helpful. Sold her one of my proof Indian cents as well.


Then I headed over to Dr Eugene Bruder's table. Got 3 circulated Walkers for my Dansco. Diann was real helpful.


Just before leaving, I left everything (and some coins I brought from home) with Todd of BluCC Photos. I'll be heading back tomorrow to pick up the pictures and coins that I dropped off. He was busy and I didn't want to wait since I live so close by.


Grabbed a late lunch on the waterfront and then headed home.


Will post some pictures tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have come to the Baltimore show from Florida,and I usually stay two and half days. I go in on Thursday as soon as they let the public in and spend the rest of the day. Then I go all day Friday and part of the day Saturday. Believe or not I can entertain myself with the cases and boxes for all of that time. I make notes on coins that interest me and go back if I find nothing bertter.


A number of dealers were complaining about the lack of "fresh," nice material. I did have to do a lot of digging, but I did find several very nice coins. I hit most every table although there are a few regular dealers who I see early on, and with whom I spend the most time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The boss kept me chained to my little desk in the office. But -- we were all given a treat at 1pm: a biscuit and a half glass of water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites