• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preferred mailing address? posted by walnutto

13 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

UPS/FedEx or USPS for anniversary sets

I need the building address to submit my one set of the Anniversary set. I would rather use UPS for this submission than the Postal Service since is fairly large.

What has everyone been using for a carrier?

An address would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Keith

See more journals by walnutto

Google gives me this:

Numismatic Guaranty Corporation

5501 Communications Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34240-8474

and a phone number of:

(941) 360-3990

You may just want to call NGC and get an answer from them to be safe.

Best of luck!

-Brandon

Here is their address to mail submissions:

NGC

PO BOX 4776

SARASOTA FL 34230-4776

It is also on the submission form and I don't believe they use the physical building address for submissions...but not sure. You would also have to check and see if UPS will deliver to a P.O. address.

Jeffrey

Not sure what UPS or FED X wants to ship, but USPS registered mail is slow. I guess it also depend's how close you are to FL for an NGC grade. I sent my sent out from Tucson via USPS on the 10th at 1130am and it still has not got to FL. yet. If I get my standby set, it will go Fed X.

Keith use the on-line submission form, it has the address right on it The PO Box 4776 is correct. Under the coins tab you will see grading and submissions, a drop down box will come up and you will select submit US coins, THen you will see NGC online submission form fill it out make sure to request that you want Early Release and the OGP returned to you for a 1.00 charge

I always use USPS to ship the coins to them and NGC will send your coins back to you registered.USPS

All you need now is patience and luck

Larry

Send your coins here for grading -

NGC

PO BOX 4776

SARASOTA FL 34230-4776

I sent five sets to NGC using their Registered Mail service. I also added the Return Signature service. NGC has an agreement with the post office allowing them to sign for packages sent to the PO Box. The total cost was $71.20 for a 15 pound package.

They were received in Florida this morning, I sent them last Saturday afternoon. So it took 5, almost 6 days (including the weekend days) to go from California to Florida via the USPS' slowest service.

It is slower than express mail, but it's insured for $5000. It's the most secure service they provide and requires a signature at acceptence.

Now if NGC can do their part and give me some 70's I'll be a happy collector!!!!

Hope this helped.

I used UPS and shipped to the physical address, I used the 3 day ground service and NGC received it in 2 day's from New York. If you use the Post Office you need to send it to the PO Box.

I mailed five sets to the PO Box at 11:54 AM Tuesday 11/15, Priority Mail insured with delivery confirmation.

USPS now says "We attempted to deliver your item at 11:49 am on November 17, 2011 in SARASOTA, FL 34230 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available."

Two days to get from SC to FL is fine, but "an authorized recipient was not available" at NGC? What's that all about?

I think some people here are confused by the question at hand. UPS and FedEx deliver to street addresses, not to PO Boxes (like the USPS), so Keith was asking for a proper street address for such submissions. Seems the street address is correctly:

5501 Communications Parkway

Sarasota, FL 34240-8474

All the best,

-Brandon

I mailed five sets to the PO Box at 11:54 AM Tuesday 11/15, Priority Mail insured with delivery confirmation.

USPS now says "We attempted to deliver your item at 11:49 am on November 17, 2011 in SARASOTA, FL 34230 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available."

Two days to get from SC to FL is fine, but "an authorized recipient was not available" at NGC? What's that all about?

Answer...

The Sarasota Branch of the USPS is overwelmed with packages headed to NGC. They are making two large deliveries each day and are still behind. One of the staff members at NGC told me that the USPS is sending out this message to avoid refunding money to people who were guaranteed overnight or second day delivery. I got the same mesasge this morning....NGC confirmed that they signed for my package this afternoon.

NGC is also experiencing about 3 times their normal volume of received packages. I was told that my package, which was signed for this afternoon, would likely not make it into NGC's grading system for a couple of days. He also added that the 12 day tournaround for "modern special" should not be affected.

I was happy to learn that NGC had my package, because I was alarmed when I got the same message that you received - about a failed delivery attempt.

I have a feeling that most of these issues will be resolved within the next day or two.

Problem = large volume, through one post office to one receiving dock = Bottle Neck Effect.

Hope this helps....Good Luck!

I too had that failed delivery attempt notice. Naturally I was worried.

I spoke to an NGC rep and they said that even though its a PO Box, the USPS delivers the packages directly to them.

She also mentioned that the notice means its at the local branch but just havent delivered to them yet.

She also mention that NGC is currently 2 days behind on receiving packages. Meaning, its now Thursday but they's still working on Tuesday's mail.

Hope that makes sense.