• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong Target! posted by FuzzyChaos

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It is not the coins I am boycotting ...

To all of you who saw my rant about the 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle sets, I stand corrected. As I had made clear in my post, I was talking mostly about the unnamed coin dealers who have cornered the market in an attempt to gouge the collectors. They are the ones I am boycotting :-) Of course! I do not have anything against the coins themselves. I may get them if I can find some at a reasonable price. If not, I will live without them. And thank all of you who did respond to my post for all your valuable input.

See more journals by FuzzyChaos

You cant say anything about how dealers are taking advantage of folks who didnt get their sets. When I did, I was verbally assaulted by alot of folks on here. See, there is alot of double standard on these boards. Alot of folks here support price gouging by stating "they can ask what they want for the coins, you dont have to buy them". Now, the double standard comes in because some folks support the gougers because they are not effected.. they have their coins... or they dont collect that type of coin. Its really sad. I understand that these items (25th) are hot but come on!! Marking up these coins 200-500% is just crazy. I expect that from Ebay, Collectors Universe and the goons on TV.. but on here? Its like a slap in the face of those who had their orders cancelled or werent able to order. I guess its just me...

I never realized the level of passion for the SAEs until this particular set hit the market. I still think the MS69 versions of the set will drop to a reasonable level in the next couple of years. Of course, a lot of that depends on silver prices staying at or near current levels.

Later

Malcolm