• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW by amarillo

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

one company $590.00, profit.

"WOW" did you see what one company is selling the A-25 ASE set for, $950.00, in the box. This company payed $60.00, over the $300.00 dollars the cost of the set, this company is making $590.00, porfit on these set's. It is nice to see the person's who sold these set to these company get screwed in the end, only $60.00 dollars profit compare to $590.00 buck. this made my day. Don

See more journals by amarillo

Didn't you know that? That "Coin Vault" program had them on today for $1395 in NGC/69, and $2695 in 70's(you might still catch the show now).

How many sets do you think they bought from poor slobs like us at $60 over cost? I can't figure why anyone would sell to them and Modern Coin Mart, etc. for 60 bucks over cost KNOWING they-themselves could have pocketed the profits, especially in these times. Screw the Dealers!

Don,

I think by the time those people received the sets they realised what they ordered and the dealers are paying more than they offered to get them. The sets might drop a little by the weekend or next week. The first couple days is always the highest price and next week every Joe Shmoe that ordered sets to sell will have them. It's too bad for the dummies that ordered 5 sets to sell and will have to find deep pocket buyers or open the box and lose the value of the sets.-------CARMA

Just for kicks-----What does everyone think the values of each Aniversary coin in the set is worth in 70? I would put $130 value on the three regular coins. Probably a $850 on the 2011S MS70 and at least $850 on the Reverse proof. I may be a little high at $2,090 for the set to some but that is probably a low ball park price we'll never see. We will find out soon. I am checking prices soon and will have a better Idea by the weekend.

Later----Rick

Rick,

I think you're in the ballpark on the long-term value of the set. A lot of people are paying too much for the MS/PF 70's right now.

The 2006 reverse proof has a higher mintage than the 2011, and currently goes for aroung $500 in PF-70. However, the Mint's quality standards seem to be improving every year. Only about 20% of the 2006 reverse proofs received the 70 grade, and about 40% of the 2006 regular proofs received a 70. THe statistics for the 2007's are more like 50% in the PF-70 grade, and close to 70% of the 2008, 2010 and 2011 proofs are graded 70. I don't think NGC's standards have changed, and I doubt submitters have gotten that nuch better at picking out 70's for sumittal. Time will tell how the grading comes out for the anniversary sets, but if the trend holds, there may be more 2011's in reverse PF-70 than 2006's.

I think $2,000 is a much more realistic value than the $3,800 we saw in the first ebay auctions. I could see them dropping to $1,500 if it turns out there are lots of 70 sets. I would guess the price will eventually settle around $800 for the MS/PF 69 sets. In any case, those people who sold out for a quick $60 profit should be feeling a little foolish right now.

You think that is bad check out HSN the "COIN CROOKS" they are selling 400 69's @ $1400 each set and 200 70's @ $2900 each set. For the 70's that is a profit of $2600 .Still waiting for my set and I will be waiting and waiting and waiting till they cancel my order.

Happy Collecting

As of this mourning on Ebay, between active and ended auctions there was a total of 42 sets. Of the 42 sets, 27 were 70's and 15 were 69's. What does this mean? At this point in time probably nothing. But if this trend keeps going you should get at least 2 70 sets for every 5 submitted. Maybe,Hopefully? Time will tell.