• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pilgrim Tercentenary Half Dollar in the News

5 posts in this topic

For those of us that are just plain worn out by the SAE 25th Anniversary story.

I was reading Coin World and ran across an interesting article about a pair of lead die trials that have recently come to light from the estate of Cyrus Dallin, the coin's designer. These die trials were unknown to the numismatic community for over 90 years. Mr. Dallin was a colleague of St. Gaudens and did his work during the golden age of U.S. coin design. Here is a link to the article:

http://www.coinworld.com/articles/pilgrim-50-die-trials-surface/

Enjoy,

Malcolm

9731.GIF

See more journals by BeawChan

Hey Brandon,

Nope not a new pickup, She's just a generic photo I googled that's small enough to serve as an avatar. I like to switch them out fairly often depending on my mood, the time of year, or whatever other weird reason crosses my mind.

I would use a picture of the five-coin SAE 25th anniversary set but the mint has the photo images on backorder.

:)

Later,

Malcolm

I would use a picture of the five-coin SAE 25th anniversary set but the mint has the photo images on backorder.

Love your sense of humor Malcolm!

:):roflmao: