• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC detail grading option and Coins's value under world's coin submission form

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

About NGC detail grading option, I am a bit confused and have a few questions

1) In what kind of situation supposed to select this option for my coin?

2) So if without this option, and if a coin come out with AU ( without any numeric grade value ), will this coin still be encapsulated? or?

About declare a coin's value, if i bought it about USD$100, but no idea at all about it value, so what am i supposed to do? fill in a value from my guess? or?

Thanks/Davis.

• Administrator

Hi Davis,

Thank you for the questions. NGC Details grading is done by default for problem coins that are eligible for encapsulation but not numeric grading. If you check the box indicating that you do not want NGC Details grading, then a coin that is not eligible for numeric grading (such as an improperly cleaned coin) will be returned to you in a flip, not in a holder. Problem coins will not be encapsulated if you check "No Details Grading".

For values, you can put what you paid, or you can put your best guess at what the coin is worth. The values are for insurance purposes, so you want to make sure your coin is fully insured in the unlikely event that it gets lost in the mail.

thanks very much for quick response of my question, so for international shipment back to client ( us ), is it include insurance as well accordingly with the coin's declared value? does it what you meant?

thanks/Davis.

• Administrator

Davis,

We are not able to provide insurance for international shipments. You would have to find a third-party insurer if you would like insurance. We will charge you the exact amount of shipping internationally when your package leaves NGC, so don't use the prices posted on the submission form.

Hi,

As I realized that the "Invoice shipping" charge from submission form will changed accordingly with those of the coin's declared value, the more coins's declared amount, the more of that charge, so what is the relation of "invoice shipping" charge and declared amount of coin's value?

Also only mail return back to US's customer will include insurance ?

Thanks/Davis.

• Administrator

The shipping charges include insurance, therefore the price increases along with the coin's declared value (the total amount to be insured).

We are only able to provide insurance for domestic shipments, so no international packages are insured by NGC. If you have already paid for shipping/insurance and are shipping internationally, we will apply that amount towards the shipping.

"The shipping charges include insurance, therefore the price increases along with the coin's declared value (the total amount to be insured)."

I am confused at all now....if international shipment are not include insurance by NGC, so why when I created an invoice, that invoice shipping charge will increased accordingly with coin's declared value? BUT my mail address supposed to be an international package.

And what is it meant for following?

" If you have already paid for shipping/insurance and are shipping internationally, we will apply that amount towards the shipping. "

• Administrator

The online submission form is not able to calculate international shipping, therefore the shipping charge increased according to value under the assumption that it was a domestic shipment.

Since you paid for domestic shipping and insurance, we will apply the amount you have already paid towards the actual cost of shipping internationally. International shipping charges may be higher, in which case you will be billed for the difference, or they may be lower, in which case we will refund the difference.