• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Day Issue Presidential Dollar set posted by walnutto

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

All will go!!

I made a decision last night and felt the same way this morning. I been collecting the Presidential dollars since the start in 2007. It gets to be a lot to have a FDI set, a Business set, a SMS set and a proof set. I have stopped the SMS set about two years ago. I realized I would have been one of those collectors what would have loved to try to order the 2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle set. I could only afford to order one set. A set that could really appreciate over the years.

I need to get rid of one of the Presidential sets and decided that First Day Issue makes the most sense for me. I would use the proceeds to invest in better collections and pay down my credit cards. Will I miss this collection? You bet I will! More than half of them I searched thru rolls myself and finding those worth grading. It was rewarding indeed. Now that the US Mint changed their mint sets to straight business strikes doesn't make sense to search thru dollar rolls anymore.

Anyways, if any of you are interested, please let me know. I don't want these to end up in dealer hands. They need a good home!

Good luck to all that tried order the Anniversary set.

Keith

See more journals by walnutto