• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Anniversary SAE posted by CBC

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Anyone else having a problem with the Mint's website?

I logged in on the Mint's website at 11:55 and tried to place an order for the 25th Anniversary SAE sets at 12:02. As of 12:21 the website hasn't even placed them in my cart, much less let me check out. Has anyone successfully placed an order?

See more journals by CBC

Order placed in cart: 12:02 PM

Order checked out and confirmed: 2:42 PM

Intervening 2 hours 40 minutes: at least 300 attempts to check out.

Started calling at 9am PST and worked the web site at the same time.

The web site never made it to my cart.

On the phone, I got nothing but a busy signal for 20 minutes. The redial got worked hard!! When I finally got through...the wait was less then 30 seconds!! Damn near dropped the phone when a live person started talking!! :whee:

Anyways..I got my order in! :headbang:

Many of us logged on before Noon, and just like all the previous opening days, the Mint knocks you out, and forces you to log back in. Of course, when we have a "Hot" item like Today's, that can take anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes! After about 3½ hours, I managed to get my 5 sets, hoping that I can squeak out a Set of 70's when I send them in to be certified.