• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will be attending FUN 2012?

61 posts in this topic

I want to be the talk of the show, I don't want to be arrested at the show :o

Obviously, you didn't see that cute blonde who was on duty with OCSD a couple years ago. She can arrest me any time. As a matter of fact, I asked her to arrest me.

pervert (tsk)

I really thought this year was going to be THE year for attending but damn if life didn't interfere with my plans. Did I say life????? I meant wife ;):devil::tonofbricks::frustrated:

I can relate - not wife though

Had to put roofs on BOTH my house and my garage after the hurricane,

House insurance company was a breeze but still fighting on payment for the garage because of a substantial suppliment to the original adjustment. Repair had to come out of MY pocket until I get paid ... sooo thats why no go for me and in fact thats WHY my 1886 Proof set will be with Mark Feld to take there.

:pullhair:

I'll be there late Thursday and headed home Sunday afternoon. Anyone staying at the Rosen Centre? They have a cool bar. I'm looking for where the party is in the evenings.

As a new collector, I would like to make one of the coin shows. This one sounds like it would be a good one to be at. I've been talking to the wife this morning about maybe going next year, after all, How can you beat Orlando in Jan. Anyone have any info on this show, itinerary etc.,

Thanks......

I really thought this year was going to be THE year for attending but damn if life didn't interfere with my plans. Did I say life????? I meant wife ;):devil::tonofbricks::frustrated:

My wife told me to get out, so to make sure she stays happy, I have to go to the show. :cloud9:

My wife told me to get out, so to make sure she stays happy, I have to go to the show. :cloud9:

She didn't mean "permanently" did she?

Chris

As a new collector, I would like to make one of the coin shows. This one sounds like it would be a good one to be at. I've been talking to the wife this morning about maybe going next year, after all, How can you beat Orlando in Jan. Anyone have any info on this show, itinerary etc.,

Thanks......

Ummm........"next year" is less than three weeks away, and it might be difficult to arrange reservations at this late date.

In any case, here is a list of the activities (Friday & Saturday are better) that are available........

http://www.funtopics.com/fun-convention.html#Schedule

Chris

I'll be there late Thursday and headed home Sunday afternoon. Anyone staying at the Rosen Centre? They have a cool bar. I'm looking for where the party is in the evenings.

I'll be at the Hampton Inn. It's cheaper!

Chris

Badge suggestion - for those who will be there, perhaps one could put ones CS handle on the badge as well as your name, might make it easier to see who everyone is and connect faces - just a thought........

On the other hand, since I am not afraid to be controversial from time to time here, perhaps that ain't such a good idea......

But I will be there all day Thursday, Friday, and to the NGC lunch on Saturday. Love to talk photography with anyone interested.

I won't need a badge either. Just look for the ugly guy wearing the technicolor explosion shirt. I'll be the one standing next to him keeping all the guys away.

Chris

I won't need a badge....just look for a shirt that looks like a technicolor explosion lol

That narrows it down to about half the people in attendance.

Your underestimating my shirt :censored:

lollollol

I won't need a badge....just look for a shirt that looks like a technicolor explosion lol

That narrows it down to about half the people in attendance.

Your underestimating my shirt :censored:

lollollol

Good news... Conder is safe from the bleeding-eye syndrome caused by your shirt.

I hope to make the 2013 show. I have a buddy who lives in Jacksonville now, so it will be a shortish drive down in a rental car. I have a year to save up for the trip and for a few largish purchases to make it worthwhile. Have fun guys! Have a beer (or 5) without me!

Only a week away. Are you ready?

I'll have everything together that I'll be taking to the show this weekend.

Note to self: Don't forget to take sunglasses for Saturday breakfast with Shane.

Chris

For all of you out there waiting with baited breath.....I have selected my shirt for the coming FUN show and it is nothing short of magnificient. For those not in attendance I will make sure to have some pictures taken with board members and post them here......my shirt will be the talk of the show...coins...who cares about coins anyway??? :acclaim:
I really think you should dress up as Superman.

Not sure I wish to see any of you guys in tights.

That's a lot of spandex.....I wore a Spider-man costume for Halloween one year and I got heckled so bad I swore I would never dress as a super hero again lol

I will leave that for skinny folk :whistle:

If you are going, put your username on your name badge when you register. That way, I recognize people who I've never met before (and may not actually now your real name). I'll recognize the username if you are a regular poster and say hi.

And if I don't recognize you, feel free to stop me and say hi!

FUN = Florida United Numismatics - a large/major coin show held annually that attracts dealers and collectors from around the country.

Slight correction..........Florida United Numismatists

They've been around since 1955, and it is one of the largest and oldest shows in the country.

Chris