• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

17 D Obv Liberty 25c; Walkers: 40P, 41P, 45D, 45 S. Check out my new camera

3 posts in this topic

17 D Obv Liberty 25c; Walkers: 40P, 41P, 45D, 45 S. Check out my new camera.

Hi- I'm back with my strange coin collection but I have a new camera and I have been practicing with it so you don't have to look at more of my scans!

So as well as the coins I am interested in comments and ideas about the photos as well. Do you think they are too glaring? Thanks for helping me learn. JS

1917 D Obverse Liberty Quarter

DSCN0079.jpg

1917 D Liberty Quarter Reverse

DSCN0080.jpg

As you can see this has green spots- what would you do to conserve it?

1940 P Walker

DSCN0082.jpg

1940 P Walker Rev

DSCN0081.jpg

1941 P Walker Half Dollar

DSCN0091.jpg

1941 P Walker Half Dollar Rev

DSCN0092.jpg

1945 D Walker

DSCN0090.jpg

1945 D Walker Rev

DSCN0089.jpg

1946 S Walker

DSCN0084.jpg

1946 S Walker Rev

DSCN0085.jpg

At least three of them appear to have PVC residue. Remove them from whatever you are storing them in, dip them in acetone (and rinse thoroughly), and then store them in mylar 2x2 holders to preserve value.

At least three of them appear to have PVC residue. Remove them from whatever you are storing them in, dip them in acetone (and rinse thoroughly), and then store them in mylar 2x2 holders to preserve value.

Thank you. Quickly if you might- which 3 do you mean and where are a few of the areas you feel are PVC residue? Say I do have the coins in flips now- they were previously in old cellophane packages for years.

Thanks. JS