• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG on these coins: NEW (HOPEFULLY BETTER) PICS of nickel

9 posts in this topic

hi all,

here is the coin i picked up at a coin show in Melville, NY

I'M TRYING AGAIN. SEE IF THESE PICS WILL COME OUT BETTER.

in some pics i got more of the color and less deatil. these are all of the same coin:

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Wow.. You're good.

You nailed the grade on the penny. It is ms66 in a pcgs OGH.

BUT, the main reason why I posted these 2 coins is to see who can guess the grade on the nickel. On this one, you're far FAR away from the actual grade - I know it's not your fault, my pics suck, it's a very hard coin to photograph, because of the special colors and the luster on it.

Though not a very expensive coin, it is very special, and actually has a population of 1.

I really wish I could get a better pic of this coin.

AU-50 or MS66, hm

lol nope..

i'm gnna try taking pictures outside in daylight, maybe i'll get some better ones.

it's a lot better than AU50, even better than MS66 actually. :)

AU-50 or MS66, hm

lol nope..

i'm gnna try taking pictures outside in daylight, maybe i'll get some better ones.

it's a lot better than AU50, even better than MS66 actually. :)

I actually agree with Noow on the penny being MS66RD DDO; however, I think that the nickel is a MS 65 and no better. I personally wouldn't have put that in a MS67 holder.

Take the details from the 2nd to last pic, add the color from the 2 first pics, put them together and.. It still doesn't really look as good as in hand.

Very disappointed with the pics I took.

This coin is NGC MS67* (star)

It is 1939 reverse of 1940, NGC graded 409 of these, out of them 71 were graded MS67. out of the 409 graded, only one got the star designation - my MS67*.

I'm very happy with the grade. These pics do no justice to the coin.