• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern experts- Eric Kreuter collection of Roosies

7 posts in this topic

The collection of Roosevelt Dimes sold for $29,982(includes 15% BF), while 5 coins did not meet reserve at $5514 at the Heritage sale. Was this a fair price for the collection, beyond expectations, or average? I am curious to know the direction of major high grade modern collections and the Kreuter Dimes seem to be a bellweather for prices realized.

TRUTH

It only takes two misguided wealthy collectors who would never miss 30 grand if it blew out the window! 27_laughing.gif

Leo

What's really kool is when that buyer reregistered's that collection and claims he's number one! Now that's something! Something to really marvel about! 27_laughing.gif

Money can buy you fame afterall!

Money can buy you fame afterall!

Who owned the set, the Hilton sisters? mhihi.gif

30 Grand seems an awful lot for a Roosevelt set. From what I remember even some of the early proofs are a bit easier to find in CAM than some of the other denoms. After that I would imagine you are only paying for the "MS70" or MS69" label.

jom

The collection of Roosevelt Dimes sold for $29,982(includes 15% BF), while 5 coins did not meet reserve at $5514 at the Heritage sale. Was this a fair price for the collection, beyond expectations, or average?

Raw it is a $400 set. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

$30K was high.

I didn't see the coins in person, however, the images that I did see made the coins in question appear to be tone-free. So, this was not something that was within my niche of the market. It seems awfully high to me (by about $29K), but then again, it's just not my area.

Reged: 01/28/02

Loc: Land of the Happy Cow, USA Re: Modern experts- Eric Kreuter collection of Roosies [Re: truthteller]

#475090 - 05/07/04 01:17 PM Edit Reply Quote

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The collection of Roosevelt Dimes sold for $29,982(includes 15% BF), while 5 coins did not meet reserve at $5514 at the Heritage sale. Was this a fair price for the collection, beyond expectations, or average?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw it is a $400 set.

$30K was high.

--------------------

- Greg, Official Message Board Ambassador™

My Current eBay Auctions

Post Extras:

TomB

Posting Traumatic Stress Disorder

Reged: 01/28/02

Re: Modern experts- Eric Kreuter collection of Roosies [Re: truthteller]

#478331 - 05/10/04 09:40 PM Edit Reply Quote

I didn't see the coins in person, however, the images that I did see made the coins in question appear to be tone-free. So, this was not something that was within my niche of the market. It seems awfully high to me (by about $29K), but then again, it's just not my area.

--------------------

Tom

Questions about toning? Read the articles on my web site.

Ivy League Coin