• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011-W Burnished Silver Eagle

5 posts in this topic

After missing in action for 3 years, the Burnished eagle is back, But not a Slot in the MS Silver Eagles Set. I asked NGC about that, and was told to just enter the Cert Number in the Proof set for now. This has happened before, placing a coin in a "safe port" until its own slot is available, but the situation is usually rectified in short order(also-I already have the 2011-W Proof Slot filled). The 2011 Burnished MS ASE is a distinct issue, as are the 2006-07 & 08 with their own slots. By this time next month, the 25th Anniversary Set will be out requiring a bunch of slots. So how about it, the coin has been out and certified for over a month, can we have the slot soon?

Good Point. I have requested about a week ago that they create a set for all burnished silver eagles from the west point mint. This set should include the 2006, 2007, 2008 as well as the 2008 reverse over seven and the 2011. One never knows when the mint will stop making them or skip more years as demonstrated in past years.

Hi All,

Thank you for your inquiry about the 2011-W Burnished Silver Eagle. It has now been added to the Silver Eagles, Mint State set and the American Eagles Mint State and Complete set. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Hi All,

Thank you for your inquiry about the 2011-W Burnished Silver Eagle. It has now been added to the Silver Eagles, Mint State set and the American Eagles Mint State and Complete set. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Jerica, a question that pertains to burnished eagles. Why has the San Francisco minted burnished eagle, without mint mark, been omitted from the registry. I would understand it not being there except for the fact that NGC does recognize and slab these coins. I believe it is understood that these coins are burnished, am I correct? Thanks, Steve