• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New addition posted by cemonice

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

1886 S

I finally found an 1886 S Morgan dollar at a great price.

It seams like these semi key San Fran dollars all pull a premium. I may be wrong. I finally picked this one up at well under FMV. I just need a few more of the semi keys, most of the commons, but im not worried about these now since they are really easy to find and are not in such a demand. Im actually having fun selling my raw coins and buying certified morgans for my competitive set.

Im actually thinking about re-starting my Philly set with certified coins and having a competitve set for that. Only problem is do i sell my raws to buy certified, or try and have them certified? Im afraid of paying the fees and having some come back "details." i guess thats the price i pay for not buying certified from day 1

9635.JPG

See more journals by cemonice

reverse:

if anyone is interested, check out the rest of my set i have so far, let me know what you think....

i have only been collecting a couple years and always open to suggestions or advise!

116611.jpg.9df3cffc7381db2fa66eec4e2f1e40a3.jpg

yea, for a 62 i thought she was a beauty, thats why i was surprised i got her soo low! gotta love e-bay.....sometimes...thanks for the confidence guys!

I really wish i started buying certified from the beginning, i have alot of raw coins i wish i passed on after comparing them to real quality examples.

Lovely coin! Gratz on your find :) As for your raw coins, try seeking out a dealer or three to give them the once over to avoid sending in any cleaned coins... the NGC website actually suggests this... good, money saving advice :)

Great advice--one other thing to think about is to use your grading coupon, if you have a premier membership, to submit any of your raw coins that a dealer thinks would be worth submitting. I'm doing the same with next years coupon to fill out some key dates that

are to expensive in MS, like the 93,94,95 that I have in raw examples. As far as selling your raw coins, I keep mine because I like to handle them, slabs are great but there is something about having a Morgan in your hand that you don't get from graded coins, just my personal preference.

Merlin8*