• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set Priced at $229.00

10 posts in this topic

The mint has listed the 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set at $229.95

2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set is priced the same as the 5 ounce ATBs. On the US Mint's product index has the 25th priced at $229 the same as the 5 ounce ATBs. The Mint might change the price when it is on sale but I can not see them pricing it more then the 5 ounce ATBs or 5 AE coins. The 25th ASE will be available for sale on October 27, 2011 at 12:00 Noon (ET). On the product page the US Mint post that the "price to be determined". However on the product index page the Mint has it listed as $229.95. I believe the price will be set at $300.00.

The US has set a limited for the ASE 25th Anniversary Set to 100,000 at a 5 limite per house hold. Which I believe the coins will go fast if everyone orders 5 ASE it will comes to a total of 20,000.

Happy Collecting

A25_popup.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

And if you follow the More info link on that fifth listing it comes up with the individual catalog listing where it says Price to be Determined. The $229.95 price is unlikely because it is less than the sum of the five pieces that make up the set. (If you assume the reverse proof would be the same price as a regular proof, and the the Burnished S would be the same price as the Burnished W.)

I just called customer service at the mint. They said the $229.95 is 'most likely NOT correct' and is probably an error. She said that's the same price as the 5oz ATB coins. They have not released an official price yet and probably won't until the day before they go on sale.

I thought is seemed really low, but I hope it's not!!

Not sure, but 5oz's is 5oz's if it comes in one coin or 5 coins at an oz each. The asking price on silver at this time is 32.32/oz. X 5 = $161.60 today for 5oz of silver. $229.00/set may be a bit off the price the mint will sell at, but I think it could be close to that figure within $100.00.

Not sure, but 5oz's is 5oz's if it comes in one coin or 5 coins at an oz each. The asking price on silver at this time is 32.32/oz. X 5 = $161.60 today for 5oz of silver. $229.00/set may be a bit off the price the mint will sell at, but I think it could be close to that figure within $100.00.

It costs more to produce five one ounce coins than it costs to produce one five ounce coin. The raw materials costs are the same but the handling costs are different.