• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Price Premium

9 posts in this topic

In general, for common date issues, approximately what percentage premium will a holdered and NGC-graded coin have over a RAW coin of the same grade?

I realize that there are always exceptions (especially for non-common date issues), but I'm looking for a consensus of opinion(s) for the common date issues for this topic.

Thanks!

While there is no doubt a slabbed coin will bring more than a raw coin in an auction, I don't see the fact a coin is slabbed adding any value in theory.

Either the coin makes the grade, etc or not.

To answer your question - this is a complex issue with many variables and this will vary between issues / grade / value. A more pertinent question is if a non mod coin is x value (say $300) why isn't it slabbed?

The value of a coin is based on supply and demand. An NGC or PCGS greatly increases the demand for most coins so you would expect the value of slabbed coins to be greater. Many collectors won't even consider buying an expensive coin that's raw.

This is just my opinion, but I would think there would be way, way too many variables to consider.

Chris

+1

+2

+3

+4