• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HK-338

6 posts in this topic

obverse photo

Here's the other obverse picture. I also want to comment about the size of pics we can put in our journal's. I have the feeling the size has been increased by NGC, as I don't have to compress my pictures with the email choice in Picture Manager. Would this perception be correct?

9614.jpg

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

Merlin8*,

Thanks for the kind reply. For the circle crop I use Microsoft Picture It Premium 10. What I do is us Picture It for the main editing, for example, rotating and straightening the picture if needed, then I circle crop (the program has several croping shapes you can use), then I do any color correction if needed. I then use Microsoft Picture Manager for compression. Hope this helps.

Silver Baron Bammer

Best wishes on your New Orleans gold and silver. I have a fondness for anything New Orleans. Recently, I had a major shuffling around in my sets and I know where you're coming from. Your pictures are also looking good. After experimenting around, I think I prefer a black background and I'm in the process of changing all my coins back. Best wishes on your sets.

Gary (thumbs u

I want to reply to a couple of other posts. First to ghermann, thanks for the kind words. I've been waffling on the background. If I put a background on, I think I will go with a blue background, I feel the blue makes the silver coins look better, and black background for the gold. When I get more coins and photos posted, please check out my New Orleans coins. As I have said, I like the western mints the most, although I am going to make a small Philly set.

Secondly to Beawchan, yes I like the 3D effect also. I've noticed, and this may just be my impression, that the more sharply struck the coin is, the more 3D effect I get. Several of the so-called dollars will show the effect, and moderns too. But I keep plugging away to get the effect on everything.