• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with a SLQ images

4 posts in this topic

I'm helping update the photos for many of the coin articles currently in WIkipedia. In particular, I am in need of anyone with high quality photos of high grade Standing Liberty Quarters. Here are the requirements:

1) You must own the rights to the photo.

2) You must be willing to release the image into the public domain under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. This means others would be able share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to remix (adapt the work). BUT, Only under the following conditions: you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), and if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

The only editing I would be doing to your coin would be cropping it in a circular manner and saving the obverse and reverse files separately with transparent backgrounds.

-------------------------------------

The process:

I am in need of images of both the Type 1 (1916-17), Type 2 (1917-24), and Type 3 (1925-30) coins. I need one coin per type (image at least 500 pixels on each side, preferred 750 pixels on each side). Blast white coins are preferred, but some toning is okay. The more they look like they just came from the mint, the better.

If you are able to help and own the images (or the rights to the images), please send me a PM. In your message please include:

1. Description of the coin (year, mint mark, full head status)

2. Grade and grading company (if certified).

3. The date the photo was taken (roughly)

4. The person to whom the photo should be credited (personal names or company names are fine)

5. A willingness to release the image under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported as described above (we will have to exchange an email to this effect, for which I can provide you the boiler plate text after you PM me).

6. An email address at which I can reach you to exchange the files, and because I must have in writing (email) your willingness to release the image into the public domain (see point 5).

Many thanks,

Brandon

Thanks to those who replied, I really appreciate our help. We now have confirmation of the use of some beautiful SLQ examples.

Regards,

-Brandon