• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

But......I thought......

4 posts in this topic

A while back, I noticed that the NGC Registry had a Lincoln Cent set that included the 2009 commemorative cents, and the new shield cents. I thought that it would be better to seperate these into their own sets, so I requested a Registry set for the 2009, and the Shield cents. When these sets became available, I moved my coins into them and noticed that because the 2009 cent set was finished with only the four coins, I was at the top of the pile (so to speak). I had included a photo and description of each of these four coins, so I figured I would be at the top of the #1 pile forever as long as I didn't change anything. Well, a couple weeks ago, I noticed that although I was still tied for #1, my set had moved down on the list to the second slot. I'm not sure why. Then, today, I see that I have moved clear down to the seventh slot.

Can someone fix this for me? Or at least explain why this happened.

A while back, I noticed that the NGC Registry had a Lincoln Cent set that included the 2009 commemorative cents, and the new shield cents. I thought that it would be better to seperate these into their own sets, so I requested a Registry set for the 2009, and the Shield cents. When these sets became available, I moved my coins into them and noticed that because the 2009 cent set was finished with only the four coins, I was at the top of the pile (so to speak). I had included a photo and description of each of these four coins, so I figured I would be at the top of the #1 pile forever as long as I didn't change anything. Well, a couple weeks ago, I noticed that although I was still tied for #1, my set had moved down on the list to the second slot. I'm not sure why. Then, today, I see that I have moved clear down to the seventh slot.

Can someone fix this for me? Or at least explain why this happened.

Hi dleonard-3,

The scores for the Lincoln Cents, Life of Lincoln, 2009, Proofs set was updated on 9/16/2011 which reflects the modified date. Everyone's scores increased but you are stating that you used to be at the top of the #1 rank list so I have forwarded this issue to one of our web developers who will look into the history of the #1 placements. Once they can confirm that you were at the top of the list in the past before the update took place we will fix the placement of how the names show back to the original order. I will e-mail you as soon as this issue is resolved. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks Jerica, I appreciate your efforts. This may seem like an unimportant thing for most, but it's all I had to brag about. Ha, ha.

Hi dleonard-3,

It's completely understandable. It is something to be proud of to have accomplished a #1 ranked set first. Our web developers were able to update the ranks of the #1 sets and you are now back to being the first name showing among the rest of the #1 sets in the Lincoln Cents, Life of Lincoln, 2009, Proofs set. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.