• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new undertaking

8 posts in this topic

A lot more work than I thought...

About 2 weeks ago, I started thinking about creating a website to display some of my raw (ungraded) horse-themed coins. I've amassed quite a few, and I don't think I will be able to get them all graded in the near future. However, I still wanted to be able to show them off and also keep an online index of which coins I have acquired and which ones I may still be missing.

Well, after a lot of investigation, and deciding to err on the side of "simplistic" instead of "bells and whistles" I finally have a site up and running where I have posted some of my collection. Of course, a large part of the work was also imaging my raw coins, and compiling the photos. I also decided to host the images on a site separately from the site itself because of size limitations. Long story short, I'm excited to post here and get some feedback from all of you.

You can explore my site and check out some of my horse-coins at this website:

http://sites.google.com/site/brg5658/

----------------------------------------------

On another note, I added a graded coin from Mali this weekend. It is an MS65 graded 10 Francs coin. I wasn't expecting to find one of this particular coin graded, but I stumbled upon this and decided to pull the trigger. It's a gorgeous yet simple coin. Below is the horse side of the coin, and as always I'll post the full coin picture on the Chat Boards.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

-Brandon

9594.jpg

See more journals by The BRG Collection

Beautiful!!!

I have to say it again - your pictures, cropping, presentation and light balance are perfect. Absolutely gorgeous pictures of great coins and medals. In my opinion, it looks better than most professional sites...

Great job!!!

Todd