• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just certified SP 69 1979 China 35 Yuan IYC

7 posts in this topic

From my reading, it sounds like SP69 indicates a very special coin. There were only 1000 of these minted and mine has been in the safety deposit box for YEARS! The highest grade I have seen online is MS68. I sure could use some input from other collectors...I don't have my image yet but I will add it once I get the NGC image. Comments and thoughts appreciated.

I'm not familiar with Chinese coins but I was checking the Heritage archives this past week. I was checking to see which non-US coins had the highest realized prices.

I was very surprised how many of them were Chinese moderns which realized over $100,000. I say surprised because, though most of them were "low" mintage and very large gold coins, these are not really regular coins at all. If the coin you have is a popular one, I would expect that you could get "big money" for it should you choose to sell.