• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1995-W SILVER EAGLE GRADED PF70

2 posts in this topic

HI EVERYBODY. I AM NEW TO THE BOARDS AND I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A 1995-W SILVER EAGLE. MY UNCLE RECENTLY PASSED AWAY AND LEFT ME A LARGE COIN COLLECTION. I HAVE ONLY BEEN COLLECTING FOR A MONTHS AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT THIS COIN WOULD BE WORTH? I HAVE GEARD ANYWHERE FROM $2000 TO $6000. ANY IDEA WHY A MODERN COIN WOULD BRING SUCH A HIGH PRICE? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSES.

Hello,

The 1995-W (the W indicates that it was minted at Westpoint) has the lowest population of the proof Silver Eagles (30,000). It was only available as part of the 10-year Anniversary proof set. The proof set commemorates the 10th year of the American Eagle Bullion program and contains the $1 Silver American Eagle (1oz), the $50 Gold American Eagle (1oz), the $25 Gold American Eagle (1/2oz), the $10 Gold American Eagle (1/4oz) and the $5 Gold American Eagle (1/10oz).

In the raw state (not graded and encapsulated) it generally sells for $2000 to $2400. If it has been graded as PF70 UCAM by NGC then is should bring $3,800 to $4,500 on eBay. If it has been graded PR70 DCAM by PCGS then it will bring a premium over the NGC value. If it’s been graded by any other service then it will probably bring only a slight premium over the Raw value. For the most part in the market place, NGC and PCGS are considered the most reliable and consistent grading services, while the others, right or wrong, generally have less of a premium placed on the items they grade.

Hope this helps!