• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INTERESTING GRADES FROM NGC .

7 posts in this topic

Just got these off the internet and didn't really know how to take them.

001 1851 50C MS 62

002 1857 S 50C MS WHIZZED ART TONING

003 1859 O 50C MS 64

004 1917 S TYPE 1 25C MS 63 FH

005 1886 TYPE 2 1C MS 63 RB

the 1851 half was purchased from bowers and morena at auction as an ms 63 coin my call on it was 63 as well.

it was ungraded. but I only paid 61 money for it so alls well. the 1857s half is a real dissapointment. tonofbricks.gif

it was also won at the same auction from bowers and was called an MS 60 coin. 893censored-thumb.gif

that really hurt.

the 1886 indian was in an ACG holder and graded ms65red.

and I guessed it would only go 64rb, I probably need to send it in again.

the 1917s quarter was purchased on ebay for 300 bucks ungraded and it really is better than 63, but the kick was the FH designation thumbsup2.gif

the 1859-0 half all I can say is wow!!it was in an

international grading service inc. holder. (whoever they are) and I got it on ebay for like 500$ and i'm pretty sure it made up for the rest of the coins being lessor.

I attached a pic of it.

just for fun. rob.

589a8c670a018_470718-1859-0obv.JPG.0d56bf72a0da4724fa3eba283d145f55.JPG

001 1851 50C MS 62 is a plus

002 1857 S 50C MS WHIZZED ART TONING goes back to Bowers

003 1859 O 50C MS 64 is a plus

004 1917 S TYPE 1 25C MS 63 FH is a plus

005 1886 TYPE 2 1C MS 63 RB is accurately graded! wink.gif

Leo

Wow, lazeroo congrats on that 1859-O laugh.gif

I thought you like white coins, but did you change your taste for coins? Very nice toning on the rim.

I'm a chicken and can't gamble on a e-bay item in a new grading service holder ........

Rob - That 1859-O is really a superb coin! I'm sure the others are as well. Way to go!

Hoot

that 59-0 half is a really neat coin

with great eye appeal 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

looks to me from the photo that the coin was album toned due to the cobalt blue toning and that it was pushed into the album and the album hole was not wide enough/ was sometimes difficult to push the coin into the album so it got tilted when pushed into the album hole so it was at an angle hence the arc of toning on the obverse

and the coin was dipped blast white before the coin was pushed into the album so accelrated secondary toning on this coin

again from the photo.....................

michael

hi toyo,

your right , it's not a good idea to gamble on toned coins as many are going to get body bagged.

I had 4 sent back this week buy NGC in other holders bagged for toning or other problems.

if i'm going to have the finest set of seated halves in a couple of years it's going to be a long haul to get the coins in NGC holders.

so i'm going to sell them all and have to buy ngc coins(some of lessor quality) as i'm not going to deal with having to pay to have them body bagged from other company's.

so ngc can save time. figure out that statment yourself.

all in all i'm still going to be an NGC supporter for a long time and I realize there grading standard has risen since the addition of several people. no names neccessary!

and there service is the best out there.

I will have the best.!!! 27_laughing.gif

just for fun, rob. sign-rantpost.gif

Lazeroo

Good luck with building your seated half set...I hope you'll have the finest set someday......but don't forget there's a collecter in a small eastern country who also loves seated material wink.giflaugh.gif