• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Photo Options.

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I've always enjoyed the True View service PCGS offers and was trying to figure out if NGC offers similar quality digital photography. I found their Photo Proof service and it appears that if you select digital delivery option for an additional $5, you get a PDF with the digital image embedded within. I've also tried the option of requesting images as a part of the submission and what I've received was pretty much the same images as you would see when looking up the certificate number, i.e. image of the coin inside the slab and not taken to reveal color or luster.

My question is this, does NGC have a service that would image my coin outside of the slab, professionally, revealing toning and luster? If they do, I might just stop submitting to PCGS altogether...

Here's a sample True View:

11908545_large.jpg

You either have the $3 internet image service, which as you stated, is not much more than the cert images, or the photo proofs, which I have never seen one in person.

I am not sure why NGC doesn't offer a imaging option similar to TrueView, since they apparently have a resident numismatic photographer.

I would like to see their Digital PDF PhotoProof as well. I have some examples of their older PhotoProofs and the image quality on those leaves something to be desired.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

We do have a very experienced, professional numismatic photographer doing our Photo Proof images, and the quality has improved immensely over what it was in the early years. There's a link to our Photo Proof services on the NGC website.

Well, I'll tell you one thing, it's much easier to take pictures of the coin out of slab, which is how PCGS does their tru view. Wonder if MessyDesk is looking for a job and if NGC is looking to hire!