• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Nice Ebay Bargain

11 posts in this topic

For a collector of small means...

I picked up a MS66 1945-S Jefferson Nickel this weekend from a dealer on EBAY. The NGC Price Guide value is $32.50, His BIN price was $25.00, and my "Make An Offer" offer was $20.00. I thought he would split the difference and make a counteroffer of $23.00 but lo and behold, he took the offer and I now have the coin pictured below speeding to my home postage free.

This is a pretty typical way I operate on EBAY. I always have a number of saved searches going and check them each day for coins that look to have low-ball potential. Once in awhile, with a particularly difficult coin, like the 1918 Mercury Dime, I will pay above NGC value but that's after many moons of searching through dealer stock, TELETRADE, and EBAY for the desired coin. I would estimate that half my current collection of slabs originated on EBAY, I have been a member since 1987.

I hope all your endeavours, collecting and otherwise, are equally fruitful. The HUNT is half the fun of collecting.

Cheers,

Malcolm

9538.GIF

See more journals by BeawChan

R in Utah,

Here is some excellent information on VAM 19 diagnostics.

http://www.vamworld.com/1878-P+VAM-19

Looks like it might be worth reslabbing if in fact you look over the diagnostics and still believe you have a 19. Good Luck and let us all know if your able to get that reslabbed with the VAM19 designation.

Malcolm

Nice deal! It's always great to get a bargain. It definitely helps to even out the times where you have to pay above NGC value. I like the "Make An Offer" option as well. I try to buy from the same sellers and I think that helps with my offers. I'm sure the sellers look forward to repeat business.

Tomorrow is coin day. (Pay day). I hope everyone gets what they want!

Happy collecting.

Marcus