• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so who got some Christmas coin goodies?

19 posts in this topic

I didnt get any coins, but did get a tripod for my camera! smile.gif So now I can take pics of my coins!! My hands arent steady enough to take macro images without them being blurred, and getting a decent distance away by hand wasnt easy!

Here is a test image I took, I still need to tweak how I do it, but you can tell it is a coin! grin.gif

1881-Obigobv.jpg

So what ya get?

I just got back from a couple of hours of horrible driving (from NJ to NYC -- a snowstorm!). When I got back, I checked my mail from Tuesday and discovered the Superior pre-FUN auction catalog *and* a box from NGC containing my latest submissions.

Yay!

EVP

GP--

that coin looks like its impersonating a buck...!!! You had better send it to me, just for verification-- don't bother with that pesky return postage stuff...!!! blush.gifgrin.gif

EVP--

how did the grading go, with your coins??? Did they come back as you had hoped they would???!!! smile.gif

As for us, we got our '59 proof 69 UC nickel!!! It took our set to #1!!! smile.gif Also, we got the new 2003 Red Book!!! One of the best! books ever written!!! grin.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Santa brought me a haul--

Auction Prices Realized for 1999, 2000, and 2001

Federal Half Dimes by J. McCloskey

Van Allen/Mallis Encyclopedia

Deluxe copy of the Dallas Bank Collection from Stack's

Dannreuther's Prices Realized for 1996-2002

It helped that I gave him a list beforehand smile.gif

All I got was an old ANACS holder MS62 1883 No Cents Liberty Nickel. I can't believe how undergraded the coin is! I think it might go MS65! I'm glad everyone had a merry christmas.:)

how did the grading go, with your coins??? Did they come back as you had hoped they would???!!!

(all raw submissions)

1. 1829 H10c LM-6.3, R.5, L-M Plate Coin, AU58 --> AU58

2. 1825 10c JR-1, R.4, ex-Logan, EF40 --> AU50

3. 1831 10c JR-6, R.3, JR Plate Coin, EF45 --> AU55

4. 1836 25c B-4, R.5, ex-Logan, VF20 --> F15

5. 1809 50c O-109, R-4, III Edge, ex-Logan, EF45 --> AU55

6. 1916 50c Walker, ICG MS62 --> MS64

7. 1916-D 50c Walker, MS62 --> A/T

8. 1918-S 50c, MS62 --> A/T

9. 1927-S 50c, ICG AU55 --> AU58

10. 1929-D 50c, ICG AU55 --> AU58

I was ok with the two BB's. The F15 was a surprise to me. I thought it was a VF coin. As for the upgrades, I wasn't surprised that they upgraded. I was surprised at how much they upgraded though, but that's because I was grading them that carefully...

EVP

I went down to the office yesterday for an hour and there was an NGC box that just came in. Some Roosie dimes I sent in for grading. They have been so tough lately,

What a great gift NGC gave me when I opened the box. 1950D MS68*, Yee ha!!,

I've been wanting to replace my white one in my registry set with a pretty toned

one. I also received a pretty 1946D MS67* for my star set. I was a happy camper.

ms68 ROOSIE!!!!! Killer Daddy-o! I have a complete set that I need to have graded!

What a nice Xmas gift for you!!!! A pic would be awesome....

I took the pics with a Kodak DX3215. It is fairly inexpensive as far as digital cameras go, ran about $200 with everything, including 3 extra rechargable batteries, a charger, and a camera bag. I also have a higher end Olympus digi cam at home, but it is older, has slower transfers to the pc and eats batteries, so I dont use it as often, though I may try it someday and see what the difference is between the macro quality of the two cameras.

GP--

Seriously! Nice Morgan!!! Great! shot, too!!! Fill us in, please!, on your 'practice' shots, and let us know how they turn out!!! smile.gif

EVP--

It sounds as though they still turned out well!!! Congrats!, on some wonderful additions to your collection!!! If you don't have any use for those BB's, just send 'em my way-- they can keep my! 'pile' company...!!! grin.gif

O'Saurus--

Any? chance I can 'borrow' your VAM, and the Dann...???smile.gif

PQ--

Go get 'em...!!! It's '65', or bust...!!! Nice cherry-pick, no matter what!!! smile.gif

-Roosies--

TOP! drawer!, on those dimes!!! Can we get some pics of 'em??? smile.gif

Merry Christmas to all!, and here's to the New Year!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

"PQSeated , you have a pic of that coin that you can post ?"

Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera yet. I'm still looking around for a nice one. I'll post pics when I get one.