• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would (spoon) myself if anyone bought this

9 posts in this topic

Here is a deal on a 1916-D Merc that just doesn't seem right. Is it really ethical to sell a coin with tons of deep scratches for the regular graded price? They just seem to be waiting for the one novice collector to take the bait.. I really hope this doesn't sell.

Is it unethical? I don't see how.

There is a photo that seems good enough. Check

There is a 7-day return policy. Check

Seller has 12000 feedbacks at 100%. Check

None of this means the coin is worth that but no one is forcing you to buy anything. A seller has the right to sell his coin at whatever price he wants...he may not ever sell it...but that's his problem.

jom

I hope that the spam that appears at the end of your post is not something that you did. If it is you need to remove it immediately. :rulez:

Sorry :sorry:

It seems like these ads are cropping up all over the site.

Seeing those ads everywhere myself, either NGC is selling space to those dealers or a lot of our members are suddenly finding the joys of affiliate marketing.

I think the sale of the dime is perfectly ethical as she is shown in all her glory with no attempt to even minimize the scratches. But, I betcha that thing just languishes until he either allows Offers or he drops the price considerably.