• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cannot remember the last time this happened

14 posts in this topic

returned in change

Greetings once more my friends of the board. I'm sitting here getting caught up with all the latest journals and thought I would write one myself.

First up is I went to Menards to return something I had purchased the week before and in the refund money was a buffalo nickel. I cannot tell you when the last time I received one of these in change. Oh it wasn't a good one by the way. Worn down so much there was no date on it. But cool none the less to get one.

Was checking out the Bay last night and came across another lame seller. This guy was selling an 1886 O Morgan that the heading stated One Of A Kind Christ On The Cross. Search it on E-Bay you will find it. He is ONLY selling it for $80,999.99 lol

I wrote the seller and told him my thoughts (you can fill in the blanks yourself). It just amazes me that these sellers actually think someone would drop that kind of money for this scam.

I mean really don't they have a life ......

Hoping to have some great news to announce soon if I am fortunate again.

Really looking towards the arrival of Autumn as it is my favorite season and with Winter right behind, I imagine all of us will concentrate more heavily on our collections as we stay indoors more. Until those cold days arrive though hope everyone gets outside and enjoy the fall colors that nature paints for us.

Good, no make that great fortune to all in searching for that next winner of a coin.

moondoggy

See more journals by moondoggy

lol reminds me of the person that sold a piece of toast that had something simular on it for thousands of dollars. It always amazes me what people sell, but amazes me further by them actually finding a buyer for such items.

This coming from the guy who is emailing strangers on eBay who don't care what you have to say in the first place?

and that post coming from someone who has nothing to do with the board, no journals, no bio, no coins listed, nada, nothing, another board basher

actually since I NEED to draw someone a picture, the seller wrote back to respond to my initial contact, when I questioned him on what VAM attribute that was.

You see some people just write on the board here without engaging brain and you know the old saying about assumptions .....

You see some people just write on the board here without engaging brain and you know the old saying about assumptions .....

I am not trolling here, nor was I before, but you should learn to laugh, or at least chuckle, at yourself...or at least what you write. There's no need to go straight into insults and insinuations. Enjoy your coins.

Moondoggy, I always love looking for Kennedy Proofs for my collection and seeing titles such as "Vintage" and "Ultra Rare". Really? I didn't know the 80's and 90's were vintage and I hardly think millions of proofs counted as ultra rare.

Maybe your seller is one of those tv rip off people trying a new format. lol

And in answer to your question, I just finished reading Q. David Bowers' "A Guidebook to Morgan Dollar" and that is listed as the "Savior VAM". It's quite heavenly. lol

Have a great day!

Marcus

Hi Mike,

Very cool getting the Buffalo back in your change. The oldest thing I ever got is the later date "wheat" pennies.

And I would like to thank you on "calling out" that seller with the Morgan on Ebay. It's something all collectors should do when a BS auction is found. Keep up the the good work and best of luck :wishluck: with your good news!

Jeff