• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Peace Vam ever. 1922 vam 7

8 posts in this topic

I bought a circ peace dollar about a week ago from a member ATS. Got it home today and sure enough, I think I have my first Peace Vam ever. Referencing vamworld I have narrowed it down to a 1922 vam 7, doubled wings. Pics on the left are mine, pics on the right are vam worlds comparing the doubling and the die polish marks. The rest of the pics are some neat shelf doubling ( I think) of the date and letters on the obverse. If there are any Vam experts that see this and feel I have misattributed it, please let me know.

obvwhole.jpgrevwhole.jpg

doubledwing.jpg1922-P_VAM-7_Dbld_Wing_Edge.jpg

diepolishlinestrvst.jpg1922-P_VAM-7_Die1_Lines_TRV.jpg

shelfdoublingdate.jpg

shelfdoublingr.jpg

shelfdoublingy.jpg

Looks like VAM 7, Die Pair 1. I would call this VAM 7.1, ANACS would call it 7.1, PCGS would call it 7, and NGC would call it 7A. The official designation given by Leroy Van Allen is VAM 7, Die Pair 1. The difference between VAM 7.1 and 7.2 is that VAM 7.1 has the diagonal die polishing lines yours has, while 7.2 does not, but has a small dot between the T and R in TRVST.

Looks like VAM 7, Die Pair 1. I would call this VAM 7.1, ANACS would call it 7.1, PCGS would call it 7, and NGC would call it 7A. The official designation given by Leroy Van Allen is VAM 7, Die Pair 1. The difference between VAM 7.1 and 7.2 is that VAM 7.1 has the diagonal die polishing lines yours has, while 7.2 does not, but has a small dot between the T and R in TRVST.

I'm glad you finally showed up, John. Peace $'s drive me nuts!

Chris