• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a nice Christmas surprise

5 posts in this topic

About a month ago, my neighbor, who is Japanese, had his father and mother come to America, for a first time visit. My neighbor introduced his parents to me; and they gave me a couple of gifts. (When it comes to introductions, the Japanese have some real class)

So, when my neighbors parents were getting ready to take a plane back to Japan; I presented them with a few gifts. One gift was a 2002 Gold plated American silver eagle (Lady liberty and the eagle were plated in 24 kt. gold). The second gift was a 2002 silver proof Ohio state quarter. (Ohio in Japanese, means Good Morning) They were thrilled to have some symbolic gift to remind them of their trip to America. (Dated, too)

Well, tonight, Christmas eve, I get a knock on my front door; and it's my neighbors. They present me with some gifts from their parents in Japan, with a merry Christmas card. What do you suppose I received?

The nicest collection of Japanese coins, modern and vintage. What a thrill.

Merry Christmas to you all.

cool! smile.gif I dont think i have ever spoke to any of my neighbors except one frown.gif They are all new except the one older gentleman, and none of the new folks seem to come outside or visit much.

I've always been intrigued by far East cultures. It seems it's customary to present someone with a gift when meeting them for the first time..or at least that's been my experience when dealing with foreign businessmen. smile.gif

Brian