• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would NGC grade this as Error ?

6 posts in this topic

Good afternoon everyone,

I own a large collection of Icelandic error coins. Today I bought this gold coin from 1961 and it has a thread struck trough error.

Seen here

G1small.jpg

Link to HD picture

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/siggipalma/G1.jpg

I know this is a minor error but on a gold coin from Iceland minted in 10.000 pieces this is huge.

As far as the question. Do you think NGC would give it a error grade if sent in the correct tier ?

Siggi

Thanks you,

I have a big smile knowing that I found a error on this coin as I thoguht it was almost impossible as these are low mintage and were handeled with more care in the minting process in those days.

I have 6 coins in grading as we speak, so next patch will include this one :)

Thanks you,

I have a big smile knowing that I found a error on this coin as I thoguht it was almost impossible as these are low mintage and were handeled with more care in the minting process in those days.

I have 6 coins in grading as we speak, so next patch will include this one :)

Just to be safe, you could post this in the "Ask NGC" forum here also, you'd likely get a reply from Max Spiegel or one of the other experts who work at NGC who can give you a more exact answer. They attribute this type of error to US coins all the time, so I don't see why they wouldn't attribute it to your beautiful gold piece! :)