• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Light Finish?

10 posts in this topic

Opines?

"Opine" is a verb and "opinion" is a noun; thus, your sentence is grammatically incorrect. I only point this out since you stated that you are 13 years old or so, and it will certainly matter for your SAT score.

Opines?

"Opine" is a verb and "opinion" is a noun; thus, your sentence is grammatically incorrect. I only point this out since you stated that you are 13 years old or so, and it will certainly matter for your SAT score.

13 Years old? Still on that? Well, actually, it was the SSAT ;)

:signofftopic:

This is basically saying "Mercs" is bad grammar, but we all use it anyways lol

Opines?

Grammer lesson for you teenagers :)

WAS the SSAT refers to something in the past ;)

Opines?

"Mercs" is a term that is used as colloquial jargon. It is a shorten form of "Mercury dimes" a noun. They are the same part of speech, while opine and opinion are not. Again, I personally don't care about your style of writing. I was mentioning this to be helpful, provided that the old post about your actual age was correct. With regards to "SSAT" are you sure that you are not confusing this with "PSAT"?

Opines?

"Mercs" is a term that is used as colloquial jargon. It is a shorten form of "Mercury dimes" a noun. They are the same part of speech, while opine and opinion are not. Again, I personally don't care about your style of writing. I was mentioning this to be helpful, provided that the old post about your actual age was correct. With regards to "SSAT" are you sure that you are not confusing this with "PSAT"?

Nope, it was the SSAT. Also, 'opine' IS a form of jargon as the actual word is not commonly used.

Ok this is getting :signofftopic: