• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anticipation, anticipation isi makin' me late Is keeping me waitin' posted by hunter's gold

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

N, Not Carly Simon's hit song

Hi everyone. Yep, got the dreaded this coin is currently owned by someone else blah blah blah blah blah. I just can't help but laugh because we all experience it and we all know how frustrating it is waiting for the coin/coins to be released to you. I will give NGC credit though for sending out an email to the so called owner or they will release it to you within a certain amount of days. I have had other people try to register my coins from my sets and those emails help when you are on the other end of the situation. So I will give you a look while I wait. I had a PCGS MS66RD 1970s small date and I just bought this NGC example in MS67RD. The coin in MS66RD has a registry point value of 674 and in MS67RD the points value goes up 1649. The final price was $260 and with fees it came to $309 which is 1/3 of the NumisMedia price. Just last month a PCGS example of this coin sold last month for $1700. I will be the first one to admit this coin appears to have some toning but I think the overall strike on this coin is exceptional In the meantime whomever you are is makin' me late is keepin' me waitin'

9384.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

You've inspired me H's G. I have a Lincoln 70-S SM that I bought back in 1970 still in my collection, it is still bright red and I am now thinking I have to submit it for a grade. WooHoo, more fun to come. "These are the Good Old Days".

Thank you Beawchan, I would love to see one submitted raw to make that grade. That would be thrilling. I only buy slabs now when I come across one that is not ridiculously priced. When it arrives I will update everyone about how it looks. I am not afraid to hide my coins and i know I have some dog coins. More so in my Lincoln Wheat set. I will never add a photo to a set that has been altered. If it looks just like it does, I am still happy at the price I paid. With only 4 or 5 graded, since there is a discrepancy in the registry. Let me know if you do send it in, I really would like to know. Keep up the good work