• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Population Report Accuracy

4 posts in this topic

NGC's Population Report shows that "74" Morgans have been graded by you for my favorite year, date, and grade. If I cracked one out of the slab, and assuming for arguments sake no one else has, the number "74" would still hold true for how many you have graded, but now there would be just "73" in slabs. So, if I sent the one I cracked out of the slab back to you and it was assigned the same grade as before, would the population number now go to "75" ? Do population reports get adjusted between the grading companies when their is a crossover at the same grade? Thanks, Jerry

If you crack a coin out, we have no way of knowing unless the tag is returned to us to be removed from the pop report. If a coin is crossed over, the tag that came from the other service is returned to the submitter.

I think NGC and PCGS Should set up a simple exchange of inserts. Depending upon thousands of people returning croosed inserts is asking for DISASTER!!! 893frustrated.gif

The previous third party grading services' label that was part of the holder goes back to the individual because it is owned by that submitter to do with what they choose.