• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my first eagle 2000

7 posts in this topic

Nice Merc. but I must agree about the cleaning. As for the ASE, I can't see any problems with a grade of 68.

ASE : Spot above the left wing

Nice Merc. but I must agree about the cleaning. As for the ASE, I can't see any problems with a grade of 68.

ASE : Spot above the left wing

If that's the same spot I'm seeing it's just a discoloration and shouldn't affect the grade. This coin does have several milk spots under the Eagles tail feathers and just above the olive branch as well, but none of which would be considered abnormal. The 3 or more specs above IN GOD WE TRUST are troubling, though they look to be dust or lint to my eyes.

The only problems I note; is weakened luster on her breast plate and on the sun which I call weakened luster because they might not be scuffs or wear, but rather an indication of a later die state. This would still hurt the grade.

I don't know much about errors so forgive my potential mis-labeling, but I see a wonderfully long "die crack" going clear across the top of UNITED STATES as well as a possible crack/clash above Liberty's foot, just under IN GOD WE TRUST, however a more reasonable assumption would be that it is just a hair.