• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 Coin 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set Coming Soon! posted by Yevrah

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It's on the front page of this weeks Numismatic News!

It is reported that the set will include a Reverse Proof!

Says it is supposed to be released sometime in October!

100,000 sets, 5 per household. Not a silver eagle shown, but is an 1836 quarter eagle.

9372.jpg

See more journals by Yevrah

thanks for the heads-up Harvey..wonderful 1836 also, you add coins that I mostly just dream about ( but I need one for my gold type set- so eventually I'll have to save up for one of these also)..congrats on the pick up.

Here's the rundown:

2011 bullion American Silver Eagle

2011-W Proof American Silver Eagle — struck in West Point

2011-W Uncirculated American Silver Eagle — struck in West Point

2011-S Uncirculated American Silver Eagle — struck in San Francisco

2011-P Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle — struck in Philadelphia

Looks to be a big winner and fast sellout depending on the total produced. I wonder if they are taking advance reservations???

Knowing the mint, I think not. Won't even know the price until late because of the crazy market... but is going to come in a wood display box as well. It was announced last month in a press release, and has been eagerly anticipated. I will be online and prepared to submit my order the second it comes available... any guesses as to the cost per set anyone? Could be a fun game to see who comes closest!

My guess is $500

Hopefully Silver will finally drop thru the floor dropping the set price accordingly. Tonight its at $30/oz. That would price the 5pc set around $200. But I think the Mint going to keep it around $350..(Damit!)

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg