• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Addition to Walker Short Set GTG

15 posts in this topic

Just added to my Short Set of Walkers. Grade? Opinions? Yes, I already know the pics aren't the best. Still learning.

walker1944-2.jpg

lwalker1944r-1.jpg

Carl

Good guesses everyone. Walkerfan got everything right. This coin and the rest of my Short Set are being imaged. I'll post better pics when they arrive.

walker1944-1.jpg

MS 67

I love that silky original look and the yellow around the rim; I even see a little bit of red, too.

Did it Star?? It wouldn't suprise me if it did.

It has a great strike, too.

Thanks Jason,

I picked up that beauty at the Chicago ANA Heritage Auction. Paid a bit on the high side. That's what happens when you really want a coin and doubt if there will be another as good or better.

BTW, the area above and to the left of In God We Trust has some nice die polish lines.

Overall a very nice coin to have in my care.

Carl

Carl, I thought this was the one that I remember had all the die polish. And from my memory, and I really should have taken notes, the obverse was especially PL! That should peak Jason's interests even more! Correct me if I'm wrong, Carl, but the fields were quite PL.