• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have access to the NGC world coin census?

20 posts in this topic

Thanks Greg,

I see the microscopic link for it now. I just recieved the results for my first world submission. And WHOO HOO top-pops all around. But thats only because NGC has never graded any examples. smile.gif

I did get a nearly 400 year old Polish coin in a 58 holder though. It's amazing how a coin could have survived for such a long time considering the economic turmoil that Europe has been through.

Another thanks for the link. thumbsup2.gif

I never realized I had so many pop1s just lying around in 2x2s. shocked.gif

I never realized I had so many pop1s just lying around in 2x2s. shocked.gif

I've got some "Super Pop 1's". They aren't just a Pop 1 for the date/grade, they are the only coin graded for that country. 27_laughing.gif Of course, I'm sure if the world census ever gets updated that won't hold true by a long shot, but for now they are Super Pop 1's.

I've got some "Super Pop 1's". They aren't just a Pop 1 for the date/grade, they are the only coin graded for that country. 27_laughing.gif

Angulia?

-JamminJ

27_laughing.gif That's exactly what I thought when I went to look up my Thailand 1918 1 Satang.

1918thai1s.jpg

From what I've seen of them, though, it could actually be the finest known. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif That's exactly what I thought when I went to look up my Thailand 1918 1 Satang.

From what I've seen of them, though, it could actually be the finest known. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's one sharp looking coin!

-JamminJ

Messed up the wording there... I should have said something like "when I went to look up if there were any other Thailand 1918 1 Satangs graded"... No Thai coins are listed as being graded in the online census.

I think mine would grade a 65 Red. The scuffs of the west side of the obverse? would keep it from going higher. The rest of the surfaces are pretty much pristine.

Unfortunately the list is certainly not complete. I can only find 1/3 of my NGC slabbed coins on that list. Some whole years or denominations are missing. confused.gif I wonder what the source of error is that causes them to not be listed?

-John

Unfortunately the list is certainly not complete. I can only find 1/3 of my NGC slabbed coins on that list. Some whole years or denominations are missing. I wonder what the source of error is that causes them to not be listed?

-John

I can find less than 20% of my Greek NGC coins in the census. It hasn't been updated for years and years. I know that some fellow collectors, specifically ask that their coins do not enter the census , but what about the rest?

I posted this in another similar thread regarding NGC Census:

My pet peeve about NGC is that they don't have existing census on most world coin issues they have graded. The only existing census are few and for what they consider popular (?). Hopefully, they have records to build a census for those all coins that they have graded. In this regard PCGS is far superior in their database records in that all coins they have ever graded are entered and the certification numbering ties to their coin verification system that tells you the coin type/year/grade.

If things have changed or anybody knows otherwise, please correct me.

frown.gif

In this regard PCGS is far superior in their database records in that all coins they have ever graded are entered and the certification numbering ties to their coin verification system that tells you the coin type/year/grade.

You can pull up the info for any NGC graded foreign coin by yping in the cert number - same as PCG$.

Does PCG$ even have a world coin pop report? Last I knew you had to call them for the pop info on foreign coins.

You can pull up the info for any NGC graded foreign coin by yping in the cert number - same as PCG$.

Please provide the link

Does PCG$ even have a world coin pop report? Last I knew you had to call them for the pop info on foreign coins.

At least I am able to get the pop report for any foreign coin by sending an inquiry email with the coin number. NGC cannot do it for the coins not in their pop census nor could they pull the info via a query (that is what they told me when I emailed them for pop on coins not in their coin census).

Please provide the link

Log into your Collectors Society account (must be a paid account) and chose the Cert Number Lookup under the Coins tab. The link after you logged in is: http://www.collectors-society.com/coins/lookupcert/

1918thai1s.jpg

Did you ever have this coin graded? And if so, did you sell it? I'm interested since I recently made a 1929 dated one in NGC MS67RD. They're really attractive coins in an odd sort of way. I've got the one-year type (1941) silver 5 Santang in NGC MS67 also. This would be a really neat set to put together. thumbsup2.gif

No, it's in my collection for the long haul. It's one of the two years of them that were made in Philadelphia. I've only come across one other 1918 (a cruddy g-vg) and am still looking for a 1919 (BE2462).

Congrats on the 1929. thumbsup2.gif I think they're very cool looking coins and tough to find in unc, much less gem.