• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trade dollars posted by DON PATE

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

over the head of some

my point not seen ,as i found out after the fact ngc is the only grading service that will not assign a grade to trade dollars with chop marks. pcgs assigns a grade and does not consider chopmarks a flaw, rather an attribute. if ngc posted on their web site they do not grade chopmark $T i would have sent my coins to pcgs, so for the few of the uninformed do not attack me on your computer, contact me and we can meet!

See more journals by DON PATE

RE: "contact me and we can meet!"

It seems highly unlikely that anyone would be willing to risk that.

Did you notice that most of the information in your above post was not in your post from earlier today? One would have to read all of your previous posts to get the background.

Is it your expectation that readers of your posts will take the time to go back and read your posts over the last few days/weeks to get all the background information? IMHO that seems like an unfair burden on your readers.

Perhaps it would be a better strategy to post new information back to the original T$ post as a reply. That way, all of the pertinent information will be in one place.

What goes around, comes around.

Greg

WOW,you sound very angry. coins are serious business but not that serious fella. enjoy life,take your lumps and do not let weak computer warriors get you down. life is too short and have a great day. and by the way, how come proof trade dollars only grade up to pf63. well that is the highest grade i can find anywhere.since you are a trade dollar guy maybe you can shed light.

I posted on the same subject recently when one of my chopmarked Trades came back as unslabable. I am going to see if they will simply slab it as genuine and not assign a details grade. I just want to add it to my Trade Dollars of the Orient custom set. If that doesn't work, I'll just look for one from PCGS. But, it does seem odd they will details grade my foreign chopmarked coin but not my U.S. coin.

No biggie either way, its all good, I firmly believe that the Numismatic Collector community is one of the nicest, most educated, group of people to be found anywhere. You guys all ROCK!

First off, if NGC cannot verify it as real what difference does it make if their is a chop mark on it. If you send it to PCGS they might grade it with a chop mark assuming they could verify it as authentic as well. And if they can't, PCGS will take your money just like NGC. And a word of advise, be careful with the message me and we can meet comments. It almost sounds like a threat

Sounds like another person who has no business on an NGC board when they themselves do not participate in the registry, I know for me at least if I had no coins I wouldn't make posts at all. I read most posts and am bothered by some of the posts from people who are just here to complain. CHEER UP ITS ONLY MONEY!

And I've seen proof trade dollars above PF63 as well as below and you just have to remortgage the house for those nice PF67 Cameos, check out the top 5 sets in any category and you will see those crazy nice coins.

We all read what people post and then check out their collection to see if what they are saying has any merit or even if that person is worth listening to.