• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1925 Vancouver Half

21 posts in this topic

So finally got this Vancouver in hand and was able to click some pictures of this new addition to my commemorative collection. I am loving it. Another example of how different the auction pics can be. A beauty in hand.

6084641984_ce6b52022d_b.jpg

What do y'all think ?

Please post any nice Vancouver half dollars you have.

i absolutely love this coin :applause::cloud9:

why you might ask?? you usually do not see vancouver halves with killer lustre like this coin

the coin has amazing eye appeal for a vancouver

Nice! Still looking for a Vancouver myself, but it'll be a 64. Vancouvers tend to have very glossy, contrasty luster. Try taking pictures with the light more diffused and you should get a less contrasty picture that will allow you to see both highlights and shadows better.

i absolutely love this coin :applause::cloud9:

why you might ask?? you usually do not see vancouver halves with killer lustre like this coin

the coin has amazing eye appeal for a vancouver

I agree with michael. The luster and eye appeal of this piece are very nice.

Top Shelf example!!

Congrat's!! (thumbs u

Very nice coin. I really like the look of that one.
Words are too limiting!

Wowser!

OP

Nice! Still looking for a Vancouver myself, but it'll be a 64. Vancouvers tend to have very glossy, contrasty luster. Try taking pictures with the light more diffused and you should get a less contrasty picture that will allow you to see both highlights and shadows better.

Thanks a lot. The coin has amazing cartwheel luster in hand. That is what I tried to capture in my picture.The coin just beautifully lights up when light hits it from any direction. Vancouver halves tend to tone in a peculiar way which is also seen in California Jubliee halves. I have ventured a few guesses ATS but have not found any particular answers. Does any one know why?

Messydesk, thanks for the photo tips.

The Vancouvers in my price range tend to tone like Monroes. Splattery brown splotches here and there with a black spot or two thrown in for good measure.

As for them toning like Californias, I'd expect to see a closer correlation with the Lexington and Stone Mountain issues.

what a wonderful coin with amazing color. i like :)

Thanks .

The Vancouvers in my price range tend to tone like Monroes. Splattery brown splotches here and there with a black spot or two thrown in for good measure.

As for them toning like Californias, I'd expect to see a closer correlation with the Lexington and Stone Mountain issues.

I am not sure how I can explain what kind of toning I am talking about. But here is an example. A lot of Vancouver halves I have seen have this kind of toning even though from what I have read they were not sold in envelopes or special card holders.

Similar toning is also seen on many California Jubilee halves.

:popcorn:

Noow, you crack me up. I realize you like to get your "posts" number high...but I think 300+ in a 1 month period since you've been here might be a record. I guess when you post a popcorn guy on every thread though... lol I have to agree with jerseycat's assessment of your comments. ;)

Anyway, nice new commem to the OP. I'm not a big-Commem guy myself, but that one gets a big (thumbs u

:popcorn:

Noow, you crack me up. I realize you like to get your "posts" number high...but I think 300+ in a 1 month period since you've been here might be a record. I guess when you post a popcorn guy on every thread though... lol I have to agree with jerseycat's assessment of your comments. ;)

Anyway, nice new commem to the OP. I'm not a big-Commem guy myself, but that one gets a big (thumbs u

:popcorn: = I like

You're just jealous he passed you posts within the week after he joined. :kidaround:

jom