• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Jefferson's

19 posts in this topic

PF 66+-68CAM
You might end up being right, but you can't grade proof coins accurately from images.

As true with most coins...

PF 66+-68CAM
You might end up being right, but you can't grade proof coins accurately from images.

It is much more the case with proofs. Hairlines, which usually account for the differences in grade, can rarely be seen in images.

PF 66+-68CAM

It is much more the case with proofs. Hairlines, which usually account for the differences in grade, can rarely be seen in images.

Oh, didn't know that before. Thanks for the info!

Of course they're proofs. But very nice proofs at that!

What makes them nice in your eyes? Modern Jeff proofs are a dime a dozen. And why should he send them to NGC? Do any of them have numismatic value worthy of being slabbed?

Of course they're proofs. But very nice proofs at that!

What makes them nice in your eyes? Modern Jeff proofs are a dime a dozen. And why should he send them to NGC? Do any of them have numismatic value worthy of being slabbed?

Common and nice looking are not mutually exclusive. I do agree, however, that they probably aren't worth having graded.

Most of them are rather nice, but none of them are worth the certification fees. If you want slabbed Jeff's for a Registry set, but them that way already (69DCAMs can be had for $10 at most).

I never said I wanted get them slabbed.

I bought them for my album.

I Just wanted to share my new coins with my friends.

Thanks for all the comments I think?

Alan, I think it is great that you are sharing your enthusiam and passion for your coins. I enjoyed looking at the proof jeffs because I, for one, tend to take the daily coins for granted and your pictures captured how neat they really are. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for the kind comments.

I just wanted to share.

It is why I took the time to post them in the first place.

I am very happy you enjoyed seeing them.

Alan

Thanks for the kind comments.

I just wanted to share.

It is why I took the time to post them in the first place.

I am very happy you enjoyed seeing them.

Alan

Yup, they are very nice coins for an album.