• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay scammer jameywarren23

11 posts in this topic

Just opened a box containing fake peace dollars and walking libertys. the details were suspect, the ring tone was way off the 1/2s weighed 11.9 and I tested them as well and they all turned green (not silver)

http://www.ebay.com/csc/jameywarren23/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

you detectives can see the past sales show similar/identical coins sales.

Just opened a box containing fake peace dollars and walking libertys. the details were suspect, the ring tone was way off the 1/2s weighed 11.9 and I tested them as well and they all turned green (not silver)

http://www.ebay.com/csc/jameywarren23/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

you detectives can see the past sales show similar/identical coins sales.

I hope you opened a case and/or contacted the seller. Please keep us posted on what happens with the sale.

The seller might or might not have known the coins were counterfeit. So, calling him a scammer sounds premature/unfair, at this point. Still, I hope you leave appropriate feedback on Ebay

I opened up a case for each of the 3 auctions, the seller was quick to close them and elected to refund me once I have returned them. (I know delivery confirmation ) Funny he asked which ones were fake, making me wonder how he knew that some coins were correct. yes the quarters, dimes and the franklins were legit, but the peace dollars and the WL 1/2s = $11 of the $15.25 received. So yes there was a blend of good and bad here. The listing read that he was selling them for a friend, however in a message he sent me after I told him I acid tested them, weighed them (11.9 on the WL 1/2s) and even my stong magnet showed a little sway towards them all. His reply was that that is how he buys all his coins???????. I called him a criminal in my initial message and he opted to refund me and never defended his coins. Smells like a duck, walks like a duck. And to Markfeld, yes he may quite honestly be clueless to what he is selling, but if you have ever sold coins on ebay, just prior to launching your listing, you are swearing to the autheticity and that the coins you are selling are genuine and you know it, being clueless and clicking ok to such a statement as just a formality is not acceptable business ethics.

I opened up a case for each of the 3 auctions, the seller was quick to close them and elected to refund me once I have returned them. (I know delivery confirmation ) Funny he asked which ones were fake, making me wonder how he knew that some coins were correct. yes the quarters, dimes and the franklins were legit, but the peace dollars and the WL 1/2s = $11 of the $15.25 received. So yes there was a blend of good and bad here. The listing read that he was selling them for a friend, however in a message he sent me after I told him I acid tested them, weighed them (11.9 on the WL 1/2s) and even my stong magnet showed a little sway towards them all. His reply was that that is how he buys all his coins???????. I called him a criminal in my initial message and he opted to refund me and never defended his coins. Smells like a duck, walks like a duck. And to Markfeld, yes he may quite honestly be clueless to what he is selling, but if you have ever sold coins on ebay, just prior to launching your listing, you are swearing to the autheticity and that the coins you are selling are genuine and you know it, being clueless and clicking ok to such a statement as just a formality is not acceptable business ethics.
None of that makes him a scammer. Many honest individuals, including some with considerable knowledge and experience, have unknowingly sold counterfeit coins.

None of that makes him a scammer. Many honest individuals, including some with considerable knowledge and experience, have unknowingly sold counterfeit coins.

Thats true.

E-Bay is a mine field of fraud. The seller’s feedback looks good and the auction seems legitimate. It is hard to tell if the coins are legitimate based on those poor pictures. However, I would NOT bid on this auction because of the private listing of bidders. Private listings are a common device used by sellers to cover shill bidding. If the auction doesn’t look 100% legitimate I will pass on it. You will have no problem recovering your money but the next guy who comes along may not be so lucky and E-Bay doesn’t seem to care all that much.

au contraire, I think ebay is very good when a buyer files a complaint and wants a return, they always side with the buyer.

What ebay does not care about are those using shills, seller protection, eradicating all shams, etc. but they certainly protect buyers at all costs.