• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chop trade posted by DON PATE

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

bad coin

I recently started a chop trade dollar set, sent 4 coins to ngc to certify one was in a pcgs holder-graded I wanted a crossover, trying to stay true to ngc coins only anyway i found out today ngc could not verify the authentisity of the coin .i guess this is a china copy of the pcgs holder and coin, so no more trade dollars for me it will make a neat looking paper weight.

See more journals by DON PATE

Man that stinks, I started my chopmarked collection many years ago before the Chinese must have figured they were worth copying. So far the 12 I have submitted have all been deemed genuine. 7 More in the hopper, keeping my fingers crossed.

I did purposely purchase a cast U.S. Trade Dollar, seems to be made out of pewter with very mush details. Got if for next to nothing, just for laughs.

i was given a fake as well when i puchased my 1909s VDB, basically for . I am kind of curious to see one of the fake PCGS slabs though. Never have seen one unless i didnt know it was a fake...

114774.jpg.50484731496bbc280e7e6e253ae5c279.jpg

114775.jpg.31eae97bf898e01d0c55931c2ee949e4.jpg