• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stacks-Bowers ANA Sale

16 posts in this topic

I'm 6 for 38 so far. I have approximately another 90 bids remaining, a number of which have already been blown out of the water.
In this crazy market Mark, your doing well. Now I'm holding waiting for Session V. I've not pre-bid the two lots I hope to win, but who the heck can see how deep the other guy's pockets are. At least I'm well aware where I have to stop, and wait till next time.

There are a couple of absolutely stunning coins in Session VI that I'm going to bid on, but I really have no hope of winning them.

YES, there certainly is. Like the saying goes, you have to be in it to win it.

I think I was 0 for 8 or 9 or some such combined including a few at the Heritage sale.

I made a mistake in that I got lazy and didn't go to the viewing at Heritage in Beverly. I might have bid a bit more on those if I had seen the coins in hand. That being said I got my XXX kicked on the ones I bid on at Stacks...and I had SEEN those and bid more.

I also had to back away altogether from the Barbers that Elbesaar was selling through Heritage. Too bad as some of those AU58s were really nice....

jom

There are a couple of absolutely stunning coins in Session VI that I'm going to bid on, but I really have no hope of winning them.

YES, there certainly is. Like the saying goes, you have to be in it to win it.

Due to the recent purchase of the 65+ FBL PL, the problem is a lack of cash. Even with selling the upgrade, my bank account is looking pretty slim right now.

I also had to back away altogether from the Barbers that Elbesaar was selling through Heritage. Too bad as some of those AU58s were really nice....

Yea, verily.

I don't really even like Barbers that much but had my eye on the 1916 quarter in AU58. The scans looked nice, and it probably looked a lot better in hand. It went for $207 including the juice.

1 stacks, 1 heritage success, prices were sky high for the once I chose to bid on. I think that might be good, means either I am choosing good pieces, or the coin market is strong, or a combination of both. I will pick up the winnings tomorrow at ANA and view remaining lots for Stacks. We will see if ANA has a buzz on the bourse Day 1.

Best, HT

Blown out of the water this morning!

I thought I had a very good chance.....I didn't see THAT coming at all!!

The coin just recently sold in a Heritage auction 6-12 months ago.

Today, it sold for 25% above that price!!

That's ALOT of money when dealing with a key date.

I had NO CHANCE, which is unusual, since I am normally a strong bidder.

Someone with VERY DEEP pockets REALLY wanted this coin........more power to him!!

So glad it wasn't me, as I am SURE that I can find a nice, comparable example for MUCH, MUCH LESS! :)

Sometimes, it's NICE to lose. :)