• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numismatic Shopping posted by Texan's Coins

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I found a new source this morning.

I was surfing around the internet this morning and I decided to go to Coin World's website. In looking around there, I found that they have a market place. I was very excited about this. It does not have the same volume of merchandise that ebay has, but it did have a lot of variety and I feel safer buying non graded merchandise from there.

Does anyone out there have other options for safe buying?

Also, coin day was yesterday for a lot of us with direct deposit. I hope you'll be receiving coins in your mailbox over the next few days.

Happy collecting.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Here is one I've considered the best for over 2 years.

http://davescoins.com/index.php

Great customer service as well. If you don't like what you purchased after you receive it they will take it back without hesitation. Great group to work with.

moondoggy

Same seller but on Ebay Daves Collectable Coins

Deffinately a good seller that I have delt with many times.

-Chris

Hi there, Texan,

I have a source that I like to use......

Black Mountain Coins

Home Home world coins, world coin collecting, world coin dealers, collectible coins, ... U.S. Coins · World's 1st Silver Legal Tender Marijuana Coin ... Black Mountain, NC 28711, Mailing Address: P.O. Box 760. Black Mountain, NC 28711 ...

Black Mountain Coins http://www.blackmountaincoins.com/

I used to live near there, in Asheville, NC so it caught my eye. They also do some business on eBay. They travel to many, many shows to gather their coins.

I've made several transactions with them and have never been disappointed. I bought a 25-pound bulk lot of coins once and found some REALLY cool coins in it. It took awhile, but they were in there! There was no silver or gold in the lot, though. I suppose that's pretty normal. The price was only around $120 and I recovered much more than that from coins that I don't particularly want to collect. I still have many, many of them.

Check them out! They also have other things. I bought a set of semi-precious stones shaped in hearts with some chains. I had my doubts because it only cost $14.99, but Dan (the owner and operator) said to try it, and if I didn't like it I could send it back. He said other people had bought one, and then came back for 10 or more for gifts.

I was totally surprised. They came in a nice wooden box and all the stones were very nice. They were all labelled and the chains weren't too bad. I've since seen the same sets, but not as nicely packaged, for more money elsewhere. I will be ordering more for Christmas presents for all my girls on Gramma's Christmas list.

Take care to you and all,

Gramma Sue