• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG 1910 S Indian Eagle PCGS revealed***

15 posts in this topic

I don't know where ya'll are seeing any hints of rub. The only spot I hesitate on is the front of the eagle's wing, but that looks clean to my eye. I'm going to be the dissenter here and say MS64. I reserve the right to change my grade if we see new pictures though.

Quite possibly lightly cleaned. There seems to be a lot of hairlines especially on the obverse that are going in the same direction. But that could be just from the light.

I see no obvious rub and think it could be MS-62 +/-.

This series is a lot of fun, and sadly underrated from a true collecting perspective simply because even mundane examples are example (thanks, gold). They pretty much have to be graded in-hand since the surface texture is practically unique to the series, and just never photographs well. Also, it seems like UNC examples outnumber circulated examples by a huge proportion.

This series is a lot of fun, and sadly underrated from a true collecting perspective simply because even mundane examples are example (thanks, gold). They pretty much have to be graded in-hand since the surface texture is practically unique to the series, and just never photographs well. Also, it seems like UNC examples outnumber circulated examples by a huge proportion.

Finally someone else seeing Unc off those images...you're absolutely right about $10 Indians in hand though. They've got a unique field that easily hides marks at any given angle.

A Bear to photo. (shrug)

101_0162-2-1.jpg

101_0156-2.jpg

101_0156-2-1.jpg

did you see my thread? i sent one that looks just like that to PCGS, except 1914-d, came back as AU58+ like everyone says, this series is tough to grade, i hope you send it to NGC, if yours comes back MS62-64 i will resubmit mine

I did see your thread Zach. This one is in a PCGS holder old type and it will probably stay there as it is not on my list as a possible upgrade right now. Thanks for asking though.

Thanks everyone as it is a hard one to grade.

101_0142.jpg

It looks right to me. There appears to be wear on the eagle's feathers, and this is precisely why I estimated the grade to be around AU55. I don't like grading this series as it is one of the most difficult for me to grade personally. For this reason (and others), I tend to rely on holders and CAC stickers in addition to my own personal grading.